1. Can I download the LuckyStars App on my desktop computer? No. Currently, this app has been designed only for mobile smartphones.
2. How do I download the App? Is it free? The LuckyStars App is available for free download, for both the iOS and Android platforms.
3. To participate in a quiz, do I have to pay any money? Some quizzes are free to participate in, while there are others where you will be required to pay through Coins, a currency similar to Stars.
4. What are the various types of Quizzes? Basically, there are 3 types of Quizzes: Daily, Weekly and Fortnightly. i.e. the quizzes are time-bound. In the Daily Quiz, there are 2 types: Single Entry & Multiple Entry
5. How do I get to know about upcoming quizzes? You will receive advance notifications about each upcoming quiz, through the app notifications.
6. When a quiz is opened or is closing, will I get an intimation? Yes, you will receive an intimation each time a quiz is opened or is closing.
7. How do I actually participate in a quiz? By and large, to participate in a Quiz, you will need to pay the requisite number of Coins specified. On opening the Quiz, you can answer as many questions to maximize your score on the Leaderboard. In the Single Entry Daily Quiz however, just answer the questions and submit.
8. How can I be sure that my entry into a quiz has happened? On entering a quiz, you will get a pop-up notification confirming your entry.
9. If I'm a winner, how will I know? Every winner will be intimated through a notification on the app, as well as through an email registered with us.
10. How do I claim my prize, if I've won? If you're a winner, you will need to claim your prize within 48 hours by sharing your mailing address with us and the same will be couriered to your doorstep, provided you live in a Pin Code area covered by our courier partners. If not, you may have to pick it up from the nearest courier delivery point to your home. In some cases, the prize if it’s a voucher, could be mailed to your email address registered with us, or in other cases credited to your Paytm account.
11. Do I have to pay any courier charges if the gift is couriered to me? No, you don't have to pay any courier charges for delivery of the gift you won.
12. What about the product warranty of the prize I have won? We at LuckyStars do not take any responsibility for the product warranty. You will have to claim the same from the service centres of the Brands.
13. How are the winners selected, once a quiz closes? The process to select a winner is transparent and without any human intervention. Once a quiz closes, then from among the participants who have successfully entered the quiz, the computer software randomly selects the winner/s. Alternatively, if the specific quiz is about coming on to the Leaderboard, then the winners will be as specified in the rules/ instructions outlined.
14. Do I earn Stars each time I participate in a quiz? For some quizzes, you earn Stars when you participate. However, for many other quizzes you will not earn Stars, but on the contrary, may be required to pay to participate.
15. If I leave a Quiz midway, can I Re-participate? Except for Single Entry Daily Quiz, you can Re-participate as many times in an ongoing Quiz. However, each time you come back to re-participate, you will once again need to pay the requisite number of Coins to open it and play. The more questions you answer correctly, the better is your chance of appearing on the Leaderboard and ultimately winning.
1. How do I Earn Stars on the LuckyStars app? There are various ways to earn Stars:
2. Do the Stars earned by me, lapse after a certain time period? No, the Stars you have earned do not lapse.
3. Where can I use the Stars earned? The Stars you earn can be transferred to any user on the app, or redeemed or converted to Coins – a currency similar to Stars
4. How can I redeem the Stars earned? From time to time, LuckyStars will offer redemption avenues, which could be Paytm money or some exciting products
5. If I change my mobile phone number, can I transfer the Stars balance to the new number? No. Stars cannot be transferred since they are associated with the mobile number.
6. If I change my mobile phone but have the same number - what happens to my Stars? Just install the LuckyStars app from your store on your new device and login with your registered mobile number (should be the same as when registered originally)
7.Can my Stars balance be converted to rupee value and given to me? No, at the moment, the Stars balance cannot be converted to rupee value and can only be redeemed as specified from time to time.
8. What if I delete the LuckyStars app by mistake? Do I lose the Stars I have earned? No, you will not lose your Stars. But, you will need to re-install the LuckyStars app from your store and login, with your registered mobile number (should be the same as when registered originally)
9. What are Coins? Like Stars, Coins is a currency, which you will need, to participate in Bids, Quizzes, etc, whenever specified.
10. How do I obtain Coins? Coins can be purchased in-app as per rates specified. Alternatively, you can convert the Stars you’ve earned to Coins, as per the conversion rates notified.
1. What are Bids all about? A Bid is a price placed on a product by a bidder, with the intention of buying it. It is a process wherein bidders bid for the product on offer using Coins, until such time as there are no more bids being placed. Once the Bid is closed, the leading Bidder is declared as the winner and he/she then needs to claim the product won in the bid, by making payment.
2. Who can participate in a Bid? Any registered user of the LuckyStars app can participate in a Bid, subject to adhering to the terms outlined, such as payment of Coins to participate in it.
3. Do I have to pay Coins for each Bid placed for a product? Yes. Each time you place a bid, you will need to pay a specified number of Coins, which could vary depending on the product.
4. What are the different types of Bids? LuckyStars has 3 types of Bids:
5. What are Hyper Bids? A Hyper Bid is a bid that is won by the highest bidder at the time of closure i.e. when there are no new bids being placed by bidders and the last, highest bidder’s name will be shown as leading the Bid. This will be accompanied by the words: Going Once, Going Twice and Sold, with a time-gap between each of these 3 announcements.
6. What is a Highest Unique Bid? This is similar to Hyper Bids except that the bid that is unique and the highest among all unique bids, wins.
7. What is a Lowest Unique Bid? This is the opposite of Highest Unique Bid in a way. Here the bid that is unique and the lowest among all unique bids, wins.
8. How do I claim the product that I win in a Bid? In the case of Highest & Lowest Unique Bids, the winner of the Bid must claim the product by making payment of the winning bid price, within 48 hours of winning the same. For Hyper Bids, the winner does not have to pay the winning bid price, to claim the product.
9. What happens if the winner does not claim the product within 48 hours? If the winner does not claim the product within 48 hours, the same will be forfeited and may or may not be offered to the next in line bidder.
10. How will I receive the product won in the Bid? While claiming the product you will need to confirm details regarding your email, mobile number and address (as entered at the time of registration). Once confirmed, the product will be delivered to you, subject to a Valid Photo ID that is presented.
11. Can I return the product won by me, after I take delivery? No. You cannot return the product once delivered to you.
12. What if there is a performance problem with the product after delivery? LuckyStars is not responsible for any product performance problems. You will need to contact the brand/company directly to address any product problems.
1. What happens if there is a tie between winners of a multiple winner contest? In case of a tie between winners of a multiple winner contest for any position, the prize money for the winner's position and the immediately next winning position (if any), and so forth in accordance with the number of tied winners, will be aggregated and shared equally among the tied winners. All other prize money will remain as per the winner's standing.
For example: If there are 2 winners tied for the 1st position, the sum of the 1st and 2nd position prize money will be distributed equally between these 2 winners and the next highest scorer will be awarded the prize money for the 3rd position. Currently, there are no tie breakers and hence all teams who have scored equal points will be considered as tied for a position.
2. What happens if an ODI/T20 match is abandoned? If the real match is abandoned Sports quiz will be cancelled and the entry fees will be refunded. This includes scenarios where the real match is abandoned without a single ball being bowled, as well as where the match is abandoned after it has started.
3. How is the prize money distributed in case of multiple winners? Price money will be distributed equally amongst the multiple winners
4. What are coin & free contests? Coin contests are where you participate by paying an entry fee and compete with other users to win real money! The prize money will be awarded based on the ranking in the contest.
In case of the free contest the prize will be in form of Luckystars which will be added to your star balance.
5. What if the pools are not filled? In case the pools are not filled at the closing of the contest, your coins will be refunded to your account.
6. What if there is a super over for the match? In case of super over, the score of the super over would not be taken into consideration.
7. When does the participation end? All the participations for a match will close 15mins before the match starts.
8. When do I get my prize money? You will get your prize money within 72hours of result declaration.
9. How many pools can I participate in per match? There is no limitations on the number of participations, you can participate in the multiple pools or even participate by multiple entries in the same pool.
10. Scoring On every correct prediction you will get defined Points.
In case the pool is not filled your coins will be refunded in 24 hours.
The actual prize money may be different than the prize money mentioned above if there is a tie for any of the winning positions.
As per government regulations, a tax of 30.9% will be deducted if an individual wins more than Rs.10,000